Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Promises: My thoughts and Giveaway!

Promises (The Syrenka Series, #1)Promises by Amber Garr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you have never read a book about mermaids, this would be the series to start with. If you are a mermaid lover like me and have already read several mer-tales, add this to your shelf and you will not be disappointed.


Promises has everything a Young Adult reader could wish for: adventure, mystery, romance (not the insta-love thank goodness!), drama, danger, and suspense. With a diverse cast of characters who are loveable, tolerable, and just plain hateable and a few who are definitely swoonable(its in the Urban dictionary so I didn't make it up), brilliant author Amber Garr brings us the fantastic world of the Syrenka...and their threat to mankind.



Awesome start to a wonderful series that will have your heart going in every direction. Please enjoy Book 1 of the Syrenka Series: Promises. ( I don't like to re-write a summary when the publisher has published a perfectly good one so if you want to know the plot of the book, just click on the cover ^.^)

Now for the giveaway...for your chance to win a copy of Promises or Book2 or Book3, enter the rafflecopter below! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Come check out the thoughtful thoughts of all the Syrenka Tour bloggers here: http://bookshelfconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/07/now-scheduling-syrenka-series-tour.html
WAIT!
There is also a tour-wide giveaway! All three (3) signed paperbacks of Promises, Betrayal, and Arise + Swag (“I'll have some cool stuff for them!” as described by Ms. Amber) to one winner. Open INTERNATIONAL, ENDS SEPTEMBER 30, 2012.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

  1. Hi Candy,

    Thanks so much for the post..love the summary of the book too.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy...you rock! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for being a part of my tour! I appreciate you taking the time to read the series and I am happy to see that you enjoyed it. :)
    amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya Amber! I am honored to have a part >.<

      Delete
  3. I only read Tiger Lily that had mermaids in it! Looks like a great series! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the one by Jodi Lynn Anderson? On my "to-read" list now because of you ^.^ Thank you since I love all things Peter Pan as well!

      Delete
  4. I love to read mermaid books, some of my favorites are Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (a trilogy) and Of Poseidon by Anna Banks was great, I can't wait for the sequel. Thanks for the chance at this great giveaway! :D

    ReplyDelete